Posted by Bob on 5/13/2014 to Wireless
Sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation affects 9.8 million men, women, and children of all races in America (Levallois, 2002). Even though sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation is of widespread epidemic prevalence, public awareness of the disabling health effects of common electromagnetic exposures and ways to manage and accommodate sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation remains limited. Electromagnetic Radiation Awareness Month, May 2014, bestows upon us a great opportunity to work towards increased public awareness of sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation.
Organizations around the world have put forth great effort to establish May of each year as Electromagnetic Radiation Awareness Month. Many are working to improve awareness and appropriate healthcare around the world. Activities are organized around the month of May and continue throughout the year. MCS America plays a special role during this time and is committed to promoting awareness of electromagnetic fields which may cause sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation and trigger reactions in those with sensitivity.
This entire month of May is dedicated to planning for individuals and organizations in the U.S. to hold local events during Electromagnetic Radiation Awareness Month and beyond. You will find numerous ideas for promoting awareness, educating others, increasing recognition, and planning community events. There are many editable sample materials which may be downloaded and used locally.
Electromagnetic radiation awareness events are expected to take place across the United States this May. MCS America provides an Electromagnetic Radiation Event Planning Kit to help you plan both small and large awareness events. MCS America can help publicize your event on news feeds, blogs, newspapers, our newsletter, and other venues. Submit your event to [email protected]. We value your feedback on the usefulness of the sample materials and welcome suggestions for future materials.
We would like to thank you for any and all efforts towards increased awareness in your locality. We look forward to assisting you in any way we can. Working together, we can help America to take control of electromagnetic exposures and eradicate sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation.
Below is a sample awareness-raising letter for public officials:
<CONTACT PERSON AND DEPARTMENT>
Dear <OFFICIALS TITLE AND NAME>;
The people of <YOUR LOCALITY> would like to request your assistance again this year to raise awareness and educate the general public about an important health issue – electromagnetic radiation.
Here are a few documented and published facts about sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation:
- Studies suggest that 9.8 million people in America suffer from sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation (Levallois 2002). The vast majority have not been diagnosed properly by a health care provider.
- Blood tests of electrosensitive patients show thyroid dysfunction, liver dysfunction and chronic inflammatory processes (Dahmen, 2009).
- The concentration of persistent organic pollutants is higher in subjects who are sensitive to electromagnetic radiation when compared to controls (Hardell, 2008).
- Dirty electricity elevates blood sugar among electrically sensitive diabetics and may explain brittle diabetes (Havas, 2008).
- Significant cognitive and neurobiological alterations point to a higher genuine individual vulnerability of electromagnetic hypersensitive patients (Landgrebe et al, 2008).
- Electrosensitive patients show altered central nervous system function (Landgrebe et al, 2007).
The people of <INSERT YOUR LOCALITY> request a proclamation to declare May 2008 as Sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation Awareness and Education Month. Suggested text is attached.
Thank you in advance.
 The mission of MCS America (MCSA) is:
- To gain medical, legal, and social recognition for multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) as a disorder of organic biological origin induced by toxic environmental insults.
- To provide support and referral services to the individuals with multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS), myalgic encephalomyelitis / chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), and other environmental illnesses.
- To ensure that environmental toxicants are identified, reduced, regulated, and enforced through lobbying for effective legislation.