Cat7 which is short for Category 7 and also labeled as Cat 7 and Cat-7 - this is becoming the new popular standard for Ethernet (copper wired networking cable) for home and business users. Ethernet pre-existed WiFi, and is more reliable, usually faster, more secure, and healthier. However, not all Ethernet cables are made the same!
The category rating - Cat 6 and Cat 7 for example - refer to the cable's ability to transmit high-speed data. It does NOT refer to anything regarding EMF or health/safety. Our Cat-7 cables are premium-quality round cables. We do not carry flat cables for a number of reasons. The shielding in our cables is specially suited for proper grounding and eliminating electric fields.
We also recommend our Cat-6 cables
. Our premium Cat6 are technically not approved for quite as high data speeds, but they are a more affordable option if you'd like to save a little on the cost of your network setup. We have not had a single customer - not even business customers - who ran into speed constraints with our Cat6 cables. But the Cat 7 cables might be a little more future-proof and do offer a better design.
- Double shielded Foil and Braid
- 600 Mhz speeds
- 10 Gigabit (10Gbe or 10GigE) support
- 10/100/1000 Mbit backwards compatible with all previous Ethernet
- Compatible with old Cat5/5e/6/6a computers and network equipment
- Gold-plated data and grounding connections
- 27 AWG (gauge) heavy-duty stranded and tinned copper wire - no aluminum
Currently available in black or white
Available sizes (in feet) : (3